With well over one million visitors flocking to Southwest Florida each year, and increasing annually, the vacation rental business is booming. Realty by Dale Thomas would welcome the opportunity to assist with the management of your vacation home. Whether you are purchasing for an investment, renting out your personal home while you are away or have an established seasonal rental; Realty by Dale Thomas has a management solution for you. Our ala carte seasonal management menu provides an array of options that range from full management to providing a guest referral to a self-managing Owner.
If you are interested in leasing your property seasonally, Realty by Dale Thomas will:
- Provide 24 hour access to your secure, personal account through Buildium online management
- Directly deposit rental funds into your personal checking or savings account (optional)
- Provide a monthly and annual profit & loss statement and year end 1099
- Help establish a high season and off season rental rate based upon current market conditions
- Aggressively advertise your home through the MLS, our website and a vast array of other marketing opportunities including Airbnb, Flipkey, Tripadvisor
- Offer company paid referral fees to outside real estate agents who bring a qualified tenant to lease
- Collect rents, deposits and any additional fees that may apply
- Hold all deposits in non-interest bearing escrow to comply with Florida Law
- Professionally prepare lease
- Offer tenants a personal portal through Buildium to electronically make rental payments, make repair requests, access their paperwork, etc.
- Prepare a move in file to reconcile with the move out condition of the home at lease end
- Expedite the service of needed maintenance and repairs (we take those late night/early morning calls)
- Handle all aspects of the guest transition process by offering in house maid service, reimbursement of deposits, linen washing, replenishment of supplies, etc.
- Provide a booking calendar updated in real time
- Establish and pay utility accounts, State and Local sales tax, HOA fees and any additional expenses associated with the property upon request
- Monitor down times and offer marketing solutions to fill any vacancy needs
- Greet incoming guests with a welcome starter kit
- Prepare an inventory sheet to reconcile against for damage and loss
- Provide a suggested inventory list
- Survey outgoing guests for feedback
If you are torn between renting your home annually or seasonally, Realty by Dale Thomas will happily provide an analysis of the numbers so you can make an informed decision. Many Owners like the idea of a seasonal rental because it provides an opportunity to block dates for their personal use, the home experiences less overall wear and tear, the rental rates are significantly greater during high season and the guests tend to be affluent along with homeowners themselves and therefore treat the property as if it were their own. The goal is to provide a well maintained, clean home to promote retention so that the guest books year after year and the revenue stream is secure. As with all Realty by Dale Thomas transactions, customer service is our top priority.